Atlanta is the perfect backdrop for a celebration – and these Atlanta bachelorette party ideas will help you make the most of it! Our city is a veritable playground filled with unique entertainment, renowned food and drinks, active nightlife, and plenty of outdoor fun. It’s the perfect city for a bachelorette weekend.
If you’re planning an Atlanta bachelorette party in 2021, this guide is for you!
TL;DR – in this post, you’ll find:
- Atlanta bachelorette party ideas for summer and fall 2021
- Unique and unexpected Atlanta bachelorette party ideas
- Atlanta bachelorette party ideas for traditional brides
- Atlanta bachelorette party ideas for offbeat brides
- Party bus and limo options for Atlanta bachelorette parties
- Atlanta-themed bachelorette party favor ideas
Get Active & Adventurous
Explore Atlanta’s Food & Culture – One of Our Favorite Atlanta Bachelorette Party Ideas
A walking food tour is a fun, interactive way to explore the city – perfect for your Atlanta crew and gal pals! Taste some of Atlanta’s best food and stroll through historic neighborhoods with an expert guide. On the Grant Park Past & Future Food Walk, you’ll taste classic southern dishes, plus pastries from Little Tart Bakeshop. Then, stroll through Historic Oakland Cemetry. For this experience, planning around dietary needs is easy. That’s because this tour can accommodate most food restrictions with advance notice.
Experience the Thrill of Six Flags Over Georgia
Marriage can be a roller coaster of ups and downs. So, why not embrace the ride early on? Get your heart pumping with a day at Six Flags Over Georgia. This is a perfect alternative for brides who want to do something a little different for their bachelorette experience. You can purchase group tickets and have an adrenaline-filled day with your besties. For instance – cool off on water slides, soar to the sky on the Goliath coaster, and get weird in the Monster Mansion. After that, don’t forget the celebratory Dippin’ Dots! If you still have energy, end your day with one of the ideas below.
Go Out on the Town
Catch a Drag Show at Lips
At Lips, you’ll find Georgia’s top Drag Queens performing Vegas-style shows nightly. This spot near Brookhaven frequently hosts bachelorette parties. Make a reservation and you’ll experience fierce cocktails, a fabulous show, and an on-stage bachelorette moment with the Queens of Lips! Additionally, Lips serves up dinner, brunch, and signature shot offerings.
Dance the Night Away at Johnny’s Hideaway
Located on Roswell Road, Johnny’s Hideaway is a velvet-covered retro dance dreamland. From Frank Sinatra to The Beach Boys and Shania Twain, this spot is known for playing music from the ’50s to today. In the same vein, they even have a “King’s Corner” room dedicated to Elvis. Step back in time and bust out your best moves. Heads up: this spot has a dress code, so come prepared! Food options include traditional bar classics.
Go on a Beltline Bar Crawl
A Beltline bar crawl allows you to experience the best food and drinks along this popular Atlanta pedestrian trail. Choose from an organized tour, or go the DIY route and bar-hop at your leisure. A few of our favorite Eastside Trail spots include:
- Vinoteca is the wine bar for wine tastings and stocking up on bottles for the afterparty.
- New Realm Brewing for local craft beer and rooftop views of Atlanta’s skyline.
- Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall is the ultimate laid-back hangout spot for craft cocktails and people-watching.
- Lingering Shade for beachy vibes, small bites, and a full bar. The southern-inspired menu includes pimento cheese crab dip and caramelized Vidalia onion dip with chips.
- The James Room is a distinctly chic spot for dinner and cocktails in their speakeasy-style lounge. This spot has a European feel – and they serve pastries and coffee in the morning!
- Pour Taproom has a simple philosophy: “Pay by the ounce, not by the glass. The variety and freedom you deserve!” Find what you like most and enjoy variety while you celebrate.
- Guac y Margs serves up fresh-made margaritas, a rotating daily taco menu, and all the queso your heart desires.
- Cold Beer is a fun spot to try renowned chef Kevin Gillespie’s offerings. Try the hot and numbing chicken and the peach bar!
- Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room and Ping Pong Emporium is a blast on Edgewood.
Alternatively, if you’d rather join an organized crawl, check out the Pub Crawl on the Beltline with Atlanta Sport & Social Club on September 4, 2021. Or, find live music at a variety of venues around the city. Our favorite is Chastain Amphitheater!
Take a Weekend Trip
Unwind & Get Wined at Chateau Elan
Escape to rolling mountains, wide-open spaces, and delicious local wine. Chateau Elan is close enough for a day trip – but you’ll probably want to make this an overnight experience!
This resort includes an on-site winery, dining options, hotel, and spa just one hour northeast of Atlanta. Here, you can enjoy a saltwater swimming pool, outdoor sun deck, tennis, golf, and more. Chateau Elan’s 3,500+ acres offer sweeping vistas of rolling hills and wooded forests. Accommodations include luxury guest rooms, private villas, and spa suites.
Glamping allows you to have a swoon-worthy outdoor experience without roughing it. Georgia Glamping Company offers group tents and retro RVs at Lake Lanier and Clarks Hill Lake. Your bachelorette squad will sleep easy with hotel-quality beds, AC/heat, and beautiful decor. Likewise, you’ll enjoy modern conveniences like a mini-fridge, Keurig coffeemaker, and electrical outlets to charge your devices. Hammocks, charcoal grills, fire pits, picnic tables, and string lights will also help you relax and make lifelong memories.
Offbeat & Quirky Atlanta Bachelorette Party Ideas
Host a Funky Bachelorette Party in Little 5 Points – One of Our Favorite Atlanta Bachelorette Party Ideas
Is your bridal style more “something pierced” than “something blue”? If so, plan a fun day out in Little 5 Points! There’s plenty to do in this hip Atlanta spot. You can start your day with coffee and pastries at Aurora. Then, do shop and thrift at The Junkman’s Daughter, Psycho Sisters, Rag-O-Rama, and more.
This neighborhood has no shortage of lunch and dinner options. For example, grabbing burgers at The Vortex is a classic L5P experience. Or, head to Wrecking Bar, a Victorian-style building turned into a local brewpub with private event spaces. Feeling adventurous? If so, head to Kolo Piercing or Southern Star Tattoo for a memorable souvenir. Or, get on the dance floor at the Drunken Unicorn. Then, finish your day with Atlanta’s Sweetwater 420 at The Porter, Nashville hot chicken at Hattie B’s, or drive-through milkshakes at Cook Out.
And, you are just a short hop away from the infamous Clermont Lounge. In Midtown, you can also check out a pole dancing class.
Laugh it Up with a Comedy Night
Navigating a wedding and marriage can sometimes take a sense of humor. So, why not kick off your bridal shenanigans with a comedy or improv show? Dad’s Garage and the Village Theatre are top notch improv theaters. At these spots, you’ll laughs and drafts with your crew.
Or, check out The Vortex’s Laughing Skull Lounge in Midtown Atlanta. This intimate comedy lounge regularly hosts big names like Ron White, Dave Chapelle, Tiffany Haddish, and Rob Schneider. Kevin Hart even worked on his next comedy special at this spot! Additionally, you can check out Laughing Skull’s open mic nights and local comedy shows.
Mellow Out with a Relaxing Bachelorette Party
Get Pampered with a Spa Day
Atlanta has no shortage of spa options for your bachelorette party. As a result, you can “spa-hop” for a fun experience that will get everyone relaxed from head to toe. For example:
- Get foot massages at Treat Your Feet. With locations in Buckhead and on Buford Highway, this is the go-to spot for quality foot rubs. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon, or book this activity after a fun night out!
- Relax with facials, massages, nail services, and other spa offerings at Natural Body Spa and Shop. This spa has 8 locations across metro Atlanta and a focus on wellness and sustainability.
- Get a pre-night-out blowout at Drybar, with locations in Buckhead, Midtown, and Alpharetta. At this spot, you can choose from beachy waves, a smooth and sleek style, or a high-as-the-sky Dolly-inspired look.
Rent a Pool and Throw a Pool Party – One of Our Favorite Atlanta Bachelorette Party Ideas
Swimply is an airbnb-style service that allows you to rent a beautiful pool by the hour. In other words, you can host a private bachelorette pool party even if you don’t have a pool! Cool off in style – and don’t forget the diamond ring-shaped pool float!
A few Atlanta offerings on Swimply include:
- This saltwater pool with lounge chairs, a poolside cabana, and a private bathroom. A fire pit and BBQ are also available to rent!
- This newly-renovated Stone Mountain pool with a trampoline and covered poolside gazebo.
- This peaceful Roswell oasis surrounded by a nature preserve. This saltwater pool includes rental options for the hot tub, fire pit, and screened porch.
Make Candles with Your Crew
Candlefish offers relaxing and fun candle-making workshops at Ponce City Market. Choose your fragrance, learn how to blend wax and fragrance oil, wick your jars, and pour two 9 oz glass jars to take home. Classes are BYOB, and candles are ready for pick-up the next day.
Add Some Special Touches
Treat Your Peaches to Atlanta-Themed Party Favors
- These soft and cozy t-shirts include a “Peachy Bride” option and a blush-colored “Bride’s Peaches” design.
- Create an IG-worthy photo moment with a “where my peaches at” gold balloon banner.
- Stay cool with personalized peach-themed drink pouches. In other words, you can create your own Capri Sun-inspired pouch for your favorite drink!
- Get inked with a “these peaches be crazy” personalized temporary tattoo.
Set the Vibe
- Cue up PopSugar’s Bachelorette Party Playlist.
- Create on-the-spot party favors with an instant camera. Make sure you remember to buy plenty of film!
- Make a backyard bachelorette party a little more magical with a bubble machine.
Get Around in Style
- Book a party bus! For instance, the FurBus is a classic Atlanta option with groovy, party-starting interiors. Additionally, FurBus offers limos, private cars, and shuttles.
- Atlantic Limousine is another great option to get around town. Swanky options include a luxury 5-passenger Escalade SUV, stretch limousines, a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter limo bus, and a sleek H2 Hummer.
Visiting Atlanta from out of town? If so, be sure to check out our recent guide, Visiting Atlanta: Top FAQs for Tourists.