Looking for Atlanta team building ideas for November? We’ve got you covered in this guide to all Atlanta has to offer during this season. Whether your team loves a delicious food experience, adventurous activities, or the best of Atlanta’s outdoor activities, read on for ideas on it all and more!
From volunteering with a meaningful cause to honoring national Native American Heritage Month, there are so many ways to spend time together as a team this November. With activities for every type of Atlanta team, find the events, places, and fun that make this time of year so memorable.
Let Unexpected Atlanta be your guide to all the fun and camraderie! Get ready to explore the best of Atlanta fall team building ideas for in-person, hybrid, or remote teams.
Atlanta Team Building Ideas for November
Read on for additional details on these Atlanta team building ideas for November!
- Brush up on your biscuit-making skills and experience a historic food tour
- Put on your best fall flannel and go axe-throwing
- Dedicate time to a group volunteer project during the season of gratitude
- Plan a virtual team building activity to honor Indigenous and Native American Heritage Month
- Adventure into the outdoors and see the best of Atlanta’s fall foliage
In this post, you’ll find:
- Atlanta team building ideas for November
- Cooking classes, Atlanta style!
- Fun Atlanta November group activities for small to large office teams
- Fall-themed activities perfect for remote teams during November
- Top Atlanta team building ideas for companies in November 2023
- Indoor and outdoor team building activities to enjoy in Atlanta this fall
Atlanta Team Building Ideas: November
Take Part in a Biscuit-Making & Food Tour Experience – One of our Favorite Atlanta Team Building Activities!
This unique Historic Market Food Tour + Biscuit Class is the perfect way to enjoy team building in Atlanta this fall! During your group’s guided experience, you’ll try 11 delicious tastings from 5 local food vendors in Atlanta’s oldest market, the Sweet Auburn Curb Market. Learn fascinating Atlanta history and get a close look at Southern cooking and cuisine with an expert guide.
Then, your team will learn how to make the perfect Southern biscuit in a hands-on cooking class! This experience is perfect for teams looking to make lasting memories with coworkers. Plus, you’ll leave with a biscuit recipe that is sure to make you feel prepared for all of your festive feasts ahead!
In addition, check out Unexpected Atlanta’s #1-rated Grant Park Food Walk for private groups and teams. On this walking tour, you’ll try eight modern, Southern foods from three superb local food stops. Along the way, your guide will share fascinating stories of Atlanta’s history as you explore the picturesque Grant Park neighborhood together.
Connect with Unexpected Atlanta to book your Private Biscuit-Making & Food Tour Sesssion!
Dedicate Time to a Volunteer Project
Volunteering with your company is a great team building activity – and it’s doubly productive! That’s because you’ll make a positive impact in the community while also forming stronger connections with your teammates. Plus, this is a great time of year to tap into this activity as feelings of gratitude and thankfulness are high!
To begin, you can poll your team to see which types of volunteer projects might appeal to your group most. There’s no shortage of opportunities. For example, you could walk dogs at an animal shelter, prepare meals for people in need, help with a gardening or planting project, and more.
Then, check out Hands on Atlanta’s volunteer matching service. Helping you find the perfect opportunity to lend a helping hand, this tool allows you to browse for organizations and causes aligned with your interests and skill sets. Hand on Atlanta helps take the guesswork out of finding the ideal volunteering opportunity for you and your group.
Remember, nonprofits need help all year long – so consider planning a return visit in January-March, or even make it a quarterly team event!
Wear Fall Flannel and Go Axe Throwing as a Team
Axe throwing is an exciting and unconventional team building activity that has gained immense popularity in the last few years. In Atlanta, this is an excellent choice for a November team building event.
This thrilling activity combines skill, competition, and camaraderie. It’s a unique experience that brings teams closer together, so tell the team to put on your best fall flannel and book an afternoon at one of these top Atlanta axe throwing venues:
- Bad Axe Throwing: Located in the heart of Atlanta, Bad Axe Throwing offers private events for corporate groups. They provide dedicated coaches to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants.
- American Axes: With multiple locations in the city, American Axes offers private bookings for corporate events. They have spacious venues and experienced staff to facilitate team-building activities.
- Bury the Hatchet: This axe-throwing venue in Atlanta offers private events for companies. They have a rustic and cozy setting, making it an excellent choice for a team-building event with a touch of Southern charm.
- The Painted Pin: While primarily known for its bowling, The Painted Pin also offers axe throwing as a unique corporate team-building option. They provide a vibrant atmosphere and various entertainment options beyond axe throwing.
Plan a Virtual Team Building Activity to Honor Indigenous and Native American Heritage – Perfect for Remote & Hybrid Teams!
Did you know that November is National Native American Heritage Month? Plan a virtual team building activity to honor this celebration with the Indigenous Heritage Month DEI training session from Unexpected Virtual Tours & Training.
The Indigenous Heritage Month DEI training session provides a fascinating and rarely experienced look at these important communities. In this event, attendees will trace how narratives about Indigenous and Native American communities served as justifications for politics, policies, and catastrophic actions. Plus, get an in-depth look at the Ocmulgee Mounds National Historic Park, which has more than 12,000 years of continuous habitation.
The event will be hosted by two studio hosts and one live-streaming guide, including a leading Indigenous scholar who is an enrolled member of the Atakapa-Ishak Nation. Our sessions blend education and fun for an interactive experience that will get your team talking, connecting, and learning together.
This session is NOT a lecture. Instead, this team building experience shares the unique community, history, and contributions of Native communities.
Spend Quality Time Together with the last of Pumpkin Spice Latte Season
As the season transitions into the final full month of fall, spending quality time together over the last of the pumpkin spice latte season can be a fun team-building adventure for Atlanta offices. This activity combines the love for the quintessential fall beverage with the opportunity to bond and relax.
This casual activity is an ideal choice for teams looking to connect on a personal level. Plan a group meet-up at a local coffee shop for this team building activity and offer everyone a pumpkin drink on the company. Allow colleagues to get to know one another better and share about their upcoming holiday plans.
Check out some of our favorite coffee shop spots around the city below:
- Hodgepodge Coffeehouse, Ormewood
- Rev Coffee, Smyrna, Marietta, and Sandy Springs
- Dancing Goats Coffee, Buckhead, Midtown, Decatur, and more!
- Waller’s Coffee Shop, Decatur
- Banjo Coffee, Avondale Estates
- Bellwood Coffee, East Atalanta Village, Riverside, and Downtown
- FiNCA TO FiLTER, West End, Old Fourth Ward, and Grant Park
- Chrome Yellow Trading Co., Old Fourth Ward
- Chattahoochee Coffee Company, West Side, Smyrna, and Riverside
- Urban Grind, West Midtown
Need a resource to get the conversation flowing? Check out this list of Comprehensive Team Building Questions & Icebreakers for 2023!
See the best of Atlanta’s Fall Foliage with a Team Nature Walk – One of our Favorite Atlanta Team Building Activities!
November in Atlanta brings cooler autumn weather and the fall of Georgia’s leaves. As a result, it’s an excellent time to head outdoors and enjoy nature. Luckily, Atlanta and its surrounding areas offer outdoor enthusiasts plenty of trails for walking and observing nature.
Venturing out to explore Atlanta’s November foliage as a team is not only a delightful way to enjoy the season’s beauty but also a meaningful team-building opportunity. It provides a chance to unplug from the digital world and foster connections. Plus, you can gain a deeper understanding of the natural and cultural assets that Atlanta has to offer together.
Plan a day out of the office and check out this list of the best places around the city to see fall color:
See at Show at the Xfinity Movie Series at The Battery
Have a team full of movie buffs? Then be sure to schedule a group trip to the the Xfinity Movie Series at The Battery this November!
Trade in your regular happy hour for this fun fall event. This activity offers a unique opportunity for team members to come together and enjoy the magic of outdoor movies under the stars in a lively and communal outdoor atmosphere. The open-air setting fosters a relaxed and informal vibe where colleagues can interact, laugh, and engage in conversations. As a result, this activity will help to strengthen interpersonal relationships across your team!
Bring a blanket to sit on, and check out a showing during these November dates, each beginning at 7:00 pm:
- November 3: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- November 17: The Super Mario Bros. Movie
- November 25: Abominable (Following the Tree Lighting)
A bonus, organizing this team outing to the Xfinity Movie Series is relatively straightforward. The venue provides seating, refreshments for sale, and entertainment, reducing the burden on team leaders for planning and coordination!