From unique corporate event spaces to memorable ways to say “thank you for attending” – with this guide, your next corporate event will be one to remember!
Ideas for corporate events: Atlanta
Read on for more information about these ideas, plus other ideas!
- Choose a unique corporate event venue to get everyone excited
- Book a food truck or a King of Pops cart
- Plan a fun social activity for your team
- Add more fun with corporate swag everyone will love
- Send attendees home with a special gift – or mail a thank-you gift after your event
In this guide, you’ll find:
- Corporate event venues in Atlanta and beyond
- Atlanta corporate event catering options and food trucks
- Fun corporate event ideas Atlanta teams will love
- Corporate activities in Atlanta and beyond
- Tips for corporate event planners to make your Atlanta event special
Corporate Event Venues: Atlanta
Whether you’re planning an awards banquet, company holiday party, client luncheon, or another special corporate event – these venues will show your team a wonderful time!
1. Atlanta Tech Village
Nestled in the heart of Buckhead, Atlanta Tech Village is an incubator for startups in Atlanta. This spot also regularly plays host to panel discussions, networking receptions, and other corporate events.
This spot is perfect for events up to a few hundred guests. Choose from an event center with a designated check-in area and 3,800 square feet of space. Or, opt for the 5,000 square foot rooftop patio with views of the Buckhead skyline. Another option is the 2,000 square foot community center with plenty of lounge space and comfortable furniture.
Browse event options at Atlanta Tech Village.
2. Atlanta Tech Park
Not to be confused with Atlanta Tech Village (item #1 above), Atlanta Tech Park is a collaborative workspace and event space in Peachtree Corners.
This spot can accommodate up to 1,000 guests depending on your configuration. With a state-of-the-art sound system, large outdoor patio, conference and meeting rooms, and an auditorium, there are plenty of options and amenities for your next event.
Take a look at Atlanta Tech Park for your next corporate event.
3. The Biltmore Ballrooms in Midtown Atlanta
Dazzle your guests with crystal chandeliers, Palladian windows, marble floors, and original handcrafted plaster ceilings. The Biltmore in Midtown was built in 1924 and has been lovingly restored to its former glory. Today, it is on The National Register of Historic Places, making it a unique backdrop for your event as well as a built-in conversation starter.
The Biltmore was designed by Shultze and Weaver, the firm behind renowned hotels like The Breakers in Palm Beach and the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City. Choose from The Georgian Ballroom and/or The Imperial Ballroom, connected by a suite of lobby and pre-function spaces.
Get the details on The Biltmore.
4. Book one of Atlanta’s Museums or Cultural Venues
Amp up your event by booking one of Atlanta’s many amazing cultural venues! Many Atlanta museums offer meeting space as well as unique team building activities.
Especially if you’re hosting visitors and business travelers from other cities, this is a fun way to show off what makes Atlanta so special. Moreover, your company can feel good about your venue fee supporting one of Atlanta’s educational institutions!
Museums & Cultural Venues in Atlanta that Offer Facility Rentals:
- Atlanta Contemporary Art Center
- The Fox Theatre
- Atlanta History Center
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center
- Georgia Aquarium
Atlanta has many other museums that also rent out their space. Explore your favorite Atlanta museum’s website to see if they offer facility rentals. Looking for more fun venue options? You can also book a local brewery for your event!
Corporate Event Catering Options
Be sure to check with your event venue to see whether they have any catering restrictions or preferred vendors!
5. Book a Food Truck
Feed your event attendees by booking an Atlanta food truck for your corporate event! While there are plenty of food trucks to choose from, here are a few standout options.
Atlanta food trucks for your corporate event:
- The Good Food Truck – Southern-inspired street foods, portable food cones, and more!
- Yumbii – Asian & Mexican street food
- Meatballerz – Italian options, including pizza and sandwiches
- Goldbergs Food Truck – traditional NY style bagels and deli options
6. Traditional Atlanta Catering Options
There’s no shortage of delicious catering options in Atlanta! If you’re looking for something tried-and-true, browse the options below for your next corporate event.
Corporate event caterers in Atlanta:
- Avalon Catering. Serving the Atlanta community with fresh, farm to table foods for 30+ years. Along with catering, Avalon offers full corporate event planning – including design, equipment rentals, vendor recommendations, and more. Past clients include KPMG, McKinsey & Company, Troutman Sanders, and more.
- Bold Catering & Design. For over 20 years, Bold has offered catering and event design services to Atlanta’s corporate community and beyond. Bold was started by Fifth Group restaurants, known for standout spots like South City Kitchen, Ecco, Lure, La Tavola, and Alma Cocina.
- Dennis Dean Catering. Well-known in Atlanta’s social and philanthropic circles as well as the business community, Dennis Dean Catering thrives on innovation and impeccable service.
7. Bring out the King of Pops! – One of our Favorite Ideas for Corporate Events: Atlanta
You might have tried the beloved popsicles from local purveyor King of Pops. But, did you know you can book a mobile pop cart for your next corporate event?
King of Pops is a staple at Atlanta festivals, with their signature rainbow umbrella serving as a beacon for all those in need of a sweet treat. They also offer pop carts for work parties, conferences, weddings, and more! King of Pops’ unique flavors include options like Blackberry Ginger Lemonade, Mexican Chocolate, Key Lime Pie, Thai Iced Tea, and more.
Add some fun to your event, and a refreshing break. If you don’t need the full cart and a popsicle vendor, place a bulk order and hand out pops to attendees yourself!
Browse King of Pops options for mobile carts and bulk orders.
Pro Tips & Best Practices for Your Atlanta Corporate Event
8. Plan a Fun Social Activity – One of our Favorite Ideas for Corporate Events: Atlanta
Whether you’re planning a conference, work retreat, sales meeting, awards banquet, or something else – adding a fun social activity can help everyone relax, unwind, and connect!
For instance, an Unexpected Atlanta walking tour will get everyone up and moving while having fun! This can be especially helpful if your event includes a lot of sitting down for presentations.
During the Grant Park Past & Future Food Walk, your team will taste Southern-inspired dishes at 3 local food stops. Along the way, explore one of Atlanta’s most beautiful and historic neighborhoods. This tour includes 1.2 miles of easy walking, including a stroll through Historic Oakland Cemetery. Dietary needs can be accommodated with advance notice, so no one will be left out!
Or, your team could choose the King Historic District Tour to learn more about the people and locations that inspired Martin Luther King, Jr. Hear moving and important stories about the American Civil Rights movement and be inspired by Dr. King’s legacy. Named by Conde Nast as one of the 16 best things to do in Atlanta!
9. Use Magnetic Nametags
Using nametags can help your event attendees make connections, remember people they’ve met, and feel more comfortable. But, flimsy sticker nametags can peel off halfway through the event – and safety pin nametags can ruin an outfit!
Instead, offer your guests a magnetic nametag. This is a small touch that everyone will appreciate. Go with a fun, stylish design, and the nametag can even become a special keepsake. This investment is especially worth it if your event consists of your company’s employees, who can reuse their nametags at future events.
10. Create a Fun Swag Bag – One of our Favorite Ideas for Corporate Events: Atlanta
A fun swag bag can help spark conversation, make guests feel appreciated, and ensure your corporate event is remembered for a long time to come. Depending on the type of special events you’re hosting, there are a variety of swag bag options that might make sense for your group.
- Create a “conference survival kit” with snacks, mints, a small notebook and pen, hand sanitizer, and any other goodies that might be helpful to your team as they attend sessions.
- Offer a branded keepsake item. Popular branded items include YETI tumblers, phone chargers, and durable tote bags.
- Send a thank-you gift after your event. Let everyone know how much you appreciate that they came to your event! Send a small thank-you gift to each participant to leave a memorable impression. Bonus points for including a handwritten note!
11. Go Virtual to Include Remote & Hybrid Workers
Did you know our sister company, Unexpected Virtual Tours, offers virtual corporate team building experiences? We’ve worked with companies like Google, The Home Depot, Coca-Cola, IHG, UPS, and more to create highly engaging, unforgettable virtual experiences!
Include your remote and hybrid team members with an exciting virtual session during your event. Additionally, many of our experiences include DEI components, making them perfect for inclusive and equity-focused teams.
Explore all Virtual Team Building Experiences offered by Unexpected Virtual Tours.
Planning a corporate retreat in Atlanta? Explore our guide: 12+ Atlanta Corporate Retreat Ideas for 2022 & Beyond.