As Atlanta’s cooler months roll in, there are endless things to explore and enjoy! Discover the best things to do in Atlanta in November with the ideas and activities ahead in this post.
From art and food festivals to concerts and community walks, holiday shopping events and shows, and so much more – it’s all happening in Atlanta this November!
Whether you’re a local looking for seasonal adventures or a visitor eager to explore new experiences in the the capital of the South, Atlanta has plenty to do during the month of November – from outdoor fall adventures to cozy indoor experiences and more. Let Unexpected Atlanta be your guide to all the fun!
The Best Things to Do in Atlanta in November
Read on for additional details on these Atlanta November events and more ATL fun!
- Become a Southern chef during a fun biscuit-making experience and historic food tour
- Start your holiday shopping at events across the city
- Get your fill at food festivals featuring the fall flavors of chili and more
- Venture to fall festivals in Atlanta showcasing hundreds of artists, plus family activities and food booths
- Celebrate Día de Muertos at Historic Oakland Cemetery
In this post, you’ll find:
- Atlanta fall and winter date ideas
- Family activities and Atlanta events in November
- Top November Atlanta attractions to attend in 2023
- FAQs about visiting Atlanta in November, including Atlanta November weather
Atlanta Events in November 2023
Take Part in a Biscuit-Making & Food Tour Experience
This unique Historic Market Food Tour + Biscuit Class is the perfect way to enjoy an Atlanta November day! During your guided experience, you’ll try 11 delicious tastings from 5 local food vendors in Atlanta’s oldest market, the Sweet Auburn Curb Market. Learn fascinating Atlanta history and get a close look at Southern cooking and cuisine with an expert guide.
Then, learn how to make the perfect Southern biscuit in a hands-oncooking class! This experience is perfect for couples, families, coworkers, and friends to enjoy together. With your biscuit recipe on lock, you’ll be prepared for all of your festive feasts ahead!
In addition, check out Unexpected Atlanta’s #1-rated Grant Park Food Walk. On this walking tour, you’ll try eight modern, Southern foods from three superb local food stops. Along the way, your guide will share fascinating stories of Atlanta’s history as you explore the picturesque Grant Park neighborhood.
Venture to a Fall Arts Festival
Atlanta art lovers, mark your calendars for these November festivals! First up, the Chastain Park Fall Arts Festival. This beloved twice-yearly event in North Buckhead, Atlanta, is back on November 4th and 5th, 2023. Boasting over 175 talented artists, this festival transforms the heart of Atlanta into an artistic haven. Here, discover an array of works, from paintings and sculptures to jewelry and more. Plus, enjoy live music and food and drink vendors as you shop.
If you’re in the mood for more local charm, don’t miss the Cherokee Heights Arts Festival on November 11th, 2023. Nestled in the Cherokee Heights neighborhood in Marietta, GA, this annual event brings together local artisans, showcasing their unique and handmade creations. It’s the perfect opportunity to find one-of-a-kind treasures while supporting local talent. The festival also features local musicians, food and beverage, and more.
Start Your Holiday Shopping at Events Across the City
As the holiday season approaches, it’s time to start your festive shopping. And what better way to do so than by attending some of Atlanta’s most anticipated seasonal markets? Check out a list of November’s holiday shopping opportunities across the city. Note that some markets require an entry fee, while others do not. Be sure to check with each market for guidelines ahead of time!
- Atlanta Holiday Boutique (November 3-5, 2023): Start your holiday shopping at the Gas South Convention Center, featuring an array of festive gift options.
- The Elegant Elf Marketplace (November 4-5, 2023): Visit the annual holiday market at the Sandy Springs Performing Arts & Conference Center. Here, find crafts, gifts, and food vendors galore.
- Indie Craft Experience Holiday Market (November 5, 2023): Explore a curated arts, crafts, and vintage market at Atlanta’s Yaarab Temple.
- Atlanta Christkindlmarkt (November 17 – December 24, 2023): Immerse yourself in a German-style holiday market at the Buckhead Village District. Enjoy German food, drinks, and a delightful selection of holiday gifts!
- Piedmont Holiday Gift Market (November 25-26, 2023): Get into the spirit of gift giving at this two-day event in Piedmont Park. Enjoy hot cocoa, holiday music, and a stroll through the park while exploring unique gifts from various artists.
Make an Impact at the “Out of the Darkness Atlanta Walk”
On November 5, gather with your friends and family at Piedmont Park for the “Out of the Darkness Atlanta Walk.” This 1.86-mile fundraising walk is dedicated to promoting suicide prevention and raising awareness about mental health.
As participants, you’ll be taking steps towards a brighter, healthier future, while honoring those who have been affected by suicide. Piedmont Park provides the perfect backdrop for this meaningful event, offering a serene and contemplative atmosphere for reflection and support. Register for the race and learn more about the event here.
Get Your Fill at Food Festivals
If you’re a food enthusiast, November in Atlanta promises several mouthwatering adventures you won’t want to miss. From chili competitions to barbecue feasts, these upcoming food festivals offer a delectable day for your taste buds. Here’s a quick guide to what’s cooking in Atlanta this November:
- Atlanta Chili Cook Off (November 4, 2023): Head to Brook Run Park in Dunwoody for the annual Atlanta Chili Cook Off! With over 50 amateur and professional cooks, see the city showcase its culinary prowess in a fiery chili competition.
- Cabbagetown’s Chomp and Stomp Chili Cook-off and Bluegrass Festival (November 4, 2023): This annual intown chili cook-off and Bluegrass festival is a delightful blend of food, art, music, and fun. With over 80 local artists, a variety of food vendors, games, and multiple music stages, it’s a perfect way to spend a November day.
- Pig in the Park (November 11, 2023): Located in Grant Park, Pig in the Park is a barbecue lover’s paradise, offering a range of flavors and techniques that’ll satisfy your cravings. Plus, the live music sets the perfect backdrop for a laid-back afternoon of BBQ and good times.
Rock out at Concerts in Atlanta in November
Atlanta is a dynamic hub for music enthusiasts. From intimate venues to world-class arenas, the city offers a stage for every genre, making it a fantastic destination to experience live concerts year-round. Check out some of Atlanta’s top concerts happening in November 2023:
- The Eagles – The Long Goodbye: November 2 at State Farm Arena
- AKON – Super Fan Tour: November 2 at Tabernacle
- A R I Z O N A – Live For A Night: November 4 at The Masquerade
- Lil Uzi Vert – Pink Tape Tour: November 6 & 27 at Coca-Cola Roxy
- Morgan Allen – One Night At A Time World Tour: November 10 at Truist Park
- Hunter Hays – The Red Sky Tour: November 12 at Byers Theatre at Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center
- Grace Potter: November 17 at Tabernacle
- Doja Cat – The Scarlet Tour: November 19 at State Farm Arena
- Teddy Swims – I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy Tour: November 21 at Tabernacle
- 6LACK – Since I Have A Lover Tour: November 24 at State Farm Arena
- Alt-J: November 24 at The Eastern
- Travis Scott – Utopia Tour: November 25 at State Farm Arena
- Wizkid: November 28 at State Farm Arena
Celebrate Día de Muertos
Immerse yourself in the rich traditions of Día de Muertos right here in Atlanta. On November 5, 2023, Historic Oakland Cemetery will come alive with vibrant celebrations of Mexican heritage. The Día de Muertos festival is a free event that invites you to experience the beauty of this cultural holiday. Amidst the hallowed grounds, you’ll find an array of festivities including captivating music and dancing, interactive craft activities, and striking displays of decorated altars paying tribute to the departed.
In addition, join in the enchantment of Encanto: The Sing-Along Family Concert on November 8, 2023. Hosted at the Fox Theatre, this unique event combines a film screening with live musical accompaniment. Perfect for families, this event will create a magical atmosphere to captivate viewers of all ages.
Attend Holiday Shows and Plays
Get ready to usher in the holiday season with a spectacular lineup of plays and shows in Atlanta this November. Here’s your guide to kindling that festive spirit:
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (November 8 – December 31 2023): Holiday puppet show at the Center for Puppetry Arts.
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas (November 10 – December 17 2023): Musical at the Legacy Theatre, Tyrone.
- A Christmas Carol (November 11 – December 24 2023): Holiday play at Alliance Theatre.
- The Nutcracker (November 24-26 2023): Holiday ballet performance at the Gas South Theater.
- The Nutcracker (November 24-26 2023): Holiday dance performance at the Jennie T Anderson Theatre, Marietta.
- Home Alone: Live in Concert (November 25-26 2023): Film screening with live orchestral accompaniment at Atlanta Symphony Hall.
FAQs: Visiting Atlanta in November
What should I know when visiting Atlanta in November?
Fortunately, November is fantastic time to visit Atlanta! You’ll enjoy cooler temperatures and lower humidity compared to the hot and humid summer months. Plus, the fall foliage in and around Atlanta is at its peak, making for beautiful scenery and photo backdrops.
Additionally, with November marking the start of the holiday season, Atlanta hosts a variety of festive events such as holiday markets, tree lighting ceremonies, and special performances, which can add a touch of magic to your visit. Fall festivals also add to the seasonal fun! Outside of peak Thanksgiving travel dates, November in Atlanta also tends to be less crowded, with lower-priced accommodations as well.
What is Atlanta November weather like?
With average temperatures ranging from 44 F (6.9 C) to 63.7 F (17.6 C), you can expect chilly mornings and evenings. Be sure to pack layers, including a jacket or other outerwear to keep you comfortable all day long.
According to The Weather Service 30-year averages, November is a lower rainfall month of the year in Atlanta, with an average of 3.98 inches during the month.